Welcome to Have Love, Will Travel, a show about discovering the beauty in a city through its people and culture. We're packing our faith while we travel and asking God to plan our itinerary as we visit Memphis, Tennessee! Memphis is known for its barbecue, blues and soul music, and even the birth of rock and roll, but as we discovered on this episode, Memphis has some stories to tell!
* Memphis in May (4:34)
* The Memphis Sound (5:24)
* The Stax Museum of American Soul Music
* Sun Studios
* Graham Winchester interview (7:47)
* Memphis Dry Rub (15:17) - Our favorite BBQ - Central BBQ
* Brothers Juniper
(15:56) Great Breakfast
* The Arcade Restaurant
(16:00) Great Breakfast
* Everett and Seba Stephens interview (17:51) - Follow Seba's Career
* The History of the Peabody Ducks
* God wink story (31:53)
* Kenon Walker interview (34:32)
* National Civil Rights Museum at the Lorraine Motel
* Spiritual Souvenirs (49:08)
Did you enjoy this episode? Please tell a friend!
Subscribe now on AccessMore
so you never miss an episode.
Connect with Us!
If the culture of Memphis interests you, we invite you to check out our show Steel Magnolias Podcast where we explore southern culture. We have episodes on: Sun Studio, The Mighty Mississippi (as in the river that Memphis sits on), BBQ Sauces, Dry vs. Wet Ribs, King of Soul: Otis Redding, King of Rock & Roll: Elvis Presley, and more! You can find those episodes wherever you get podcasts or at SteelMagnoliasMedia.com
And you can connect with us on Instagram @SteelMagnoliasPodcast