Information We Collect About You
We may collect information, including your name, address, email address, and phone number when you communicate with us or sign up for one of our Services. You also may provide additional information to us such as your birthdate, content preferences, communication content or payment information. We also gather information about how visitors navigate our Sites by using data gathered with cookies. This type of information is collected automatically and includes the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; passwords used for our Sites; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Site(s), including date and time; cookie number; and Services that you viewed or searched for. If you send us a review, post content on our social media sites, or respond to a survey, we collect your submission content. We may also obtain information about you from our third party partners, such as if you create a Pray4One account through your Facebook account, we'll receive information from that service (e.g., your username, basic profile information, friends list) via the authorization procedures for that service, and from other partners who may provide us publicly available and other information they have collected about you. Through our arrangements with our social media and advertising partners, when you visit your social media pages (such as Facebook or Instagram), we may collect personal information from or about you from those sites.
Sources of Information We Collect
We collect information directly from individuals, automatically related to the use of our Services, and in some cases from third parties (such as advertising networks, internet service providers, operating systems and platforms, and social media platforms). For example, we collect information:
· from any form you may complete and submit through our Sites, for example, information collected from the "Contact Us" page of our Sites;
· from the content of surveys that you may complete;
· from 'cookies' and other similar tools deployed on parts of our Sites;
· when you provide information when you subscribe and in connection with us providing services to you;
· from other sources, such as advertising and marketing partners, social media platforms (including from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected), internet service providers, and operating systems and platforms.
How We Collect Your Information
As noted above, we collect information that you voluntarily provide to us when you interact with us or our Services - such as when you sign up for a K-LOVE or Air1 newsletter or Verse of the Day subscription; register to use any of our Services; sign-up for a contest; participate in an online survey emailed to you; visit our booth at a local event; phone into our Listener Services line; or speak with an EMF Pastor or other member of our prayer or Pastoral Care Team. Direct collection may take place online, in person or over the phone with an EMF employee or third party call center agent We may get personal information about you from social media services online if you sign up for any of our Services using your social media account (such as Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest) or from third party partner concert promotors or cruise line operators when you sign up for concert tickets or to take a cruise. Additionally, we and our third-party analytics partners collect personal information about you when you visit us through the web or your mobile device via cookies, pixels, and similar tracking technologies. This personal information includes information about your online activities over time and across different Services. Please see the section below on "Cookies".
We may use or disclose your personal information that we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
· Providing and Improving our Services. To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our services, and to facilitate transactions and payments.
· Tailoring Content. To personalize your experience with our Services, such as by providing tailored content and recommendations.
· Research and Analytics. To better understand how you use our Services, to evaluate and improve our Services and business operations, and to develop new Services.
· Marketing and Advertising. For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable, or interesting and then delivering those materials to you.
· Communications. To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to your comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support.
· De-identification and aggregation. To de-identify personal information or create aggregated datasets, such as for consolidating reporting, research, or analysis.
· General Business Operations. To support our general business operations, including for corporate audit, analysis, and reporting.
· Legal Compliance. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding. To respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process. Or, as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a governmental authority.
Information We Share
We may share some of your personal information with third parties for business reasons, as outlined below:
· Affiliates. We may disclose certain personal information we collect about you to our affiliates (e.g., our subsidiaries and entities under common ownership with EMF) to complete the performance of Services or related transactions.
· Third Party Vendors and Service Providers. Like many businesses, we sometimes engage other companies to perform certain business-related functions for us, such as consulting, service processing and the like ("Vendors" or "Service Providers").
· Business Transfer Partners.
· Parties to Legal Action.
As mentioned above, when you visit us on our Sites or use one of our mobile applications, we collect information about you by using cookies, pixels, and other tracking technologies, which we may combine with other personal information we collect about you. Some examples of the data we collect from cookies and similar technologies include your account preferences, pages accessed, language preferences, and previous visits to our websites. We use this information to better understand, customize, and improve your experience using our Services, as well as to manage our advertising. For example, we use third-party analytics and advertising partners' automated devices and applications, such as Google Analytics, to evaluate usage of our Sites. We use these tools to help us improve the performance of our Site and our users' experience on our Site.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to control whether you will accept cookies, reject cookies, or to notify you each time a certain type cookie is sent to your browser. You may also disable certain third party tracking cookies that we use on our Sites when our sharing of your personal information constitutes a "sale", as further described under the California Privacy Notice, below. Please note that, if you disable cookies on our Sites, some functionality of the Sites will be lost.
Users may opt out of many ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies' delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our website or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA's website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI's website at www.networkadvertising.org.
Children under age 13 (minors) always should get permission from a parent or guardian before providing any personal information about themselves. However, sometimes minors contact us to make a donation, seek a prayer, or request pastoral counseling, or they may interact with us at a Dare to Dream school assembly program or attend a cruise or event, from which we may collect their personal information. If you are a parent of a child under the age of 13, you may contact us at the Contact Information below, to request the information about your child that we have collected or request that we delete such information.
International Usage of Our Services
We are based in the U.S., and the personal information we collect is governed by U.S. law. If you are accessing our Services from outside of the U.S., please be aware that personal information collected through our Services may be transferred to, processed, stored, or used in the United States. Data protection laws of the U.S. are likely different from those of your country of residence.
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the personal information we collect from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee absolute security.
would like to make a complaint, please contact us in one of the following ways:
Using the Contact Us form on this
3. US Mail - Educational Media Foundation, 5700 West Oaks Boulevard, Rocklin, CA 95765
4. Toll Free Number - (800) 525-5683
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
We are providing this Privacy Notice for California Residents ("Notice")
Name, Contact Information, and Other Identifiers
Inferences and profiles
our affiliates and subsidiaries, advertising networks, data analytics providers, social networks, internet service providers, operating systems and platforms,
in order to receive certain benefits or services, such as when we make browsing information available to third party ad companies (through third party tags on our Sites) in order to improve and measure our ad campaigns and reach users with more relevant ads and content.While we do not disclose personal information to third parties in exchange for monetary compensation, we may disclose or make available certain categories of personal information to third parties
As defined by the CCPA, we may "sell" certain categories of personal information as follows:
To Exercise Your Consumer Privacy Rights
Subject to certain exceptions, under the CCPA, consumers have the right to request information from us about the personal information we collect about them. Although the CCPA only gives California residents the right to make these requests, we allow non-California residents with the same choices about their personal information. You may make any of the following requests about our collection, use and sharing of your personal information:
We will need to verify your identity before we can provide a substantive response to your request. Only you, or an authorized agent that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a consumer privacy rights request related to your personal information. You may also make a request on behalf of your minor child.
In order to verify your request, we ask that you:
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Exceptions to Consumer Privacy Rights Requests.
In certain circumstances we may decline your consumer privacy rights request, such as where fulfilling a request may interfere with a transaction you have asked us to process for you or to comply with other obligations under other applicable laws. If we deny your request, we will communicate our decision to you. We will not penalize you for making a request.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice and other notices at our discretion and at any time, including updating regarding our data practices and your rights, modify our methods for responding to your requests, and/or supplement our response to your requests. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you by email or through a notice on our Sites' homepages.
Effective Date: August 11, 2020