Prayer is a conversation with God that He desires to have with us. He is never too busy for us, never bothered by our requests or prayers, and certainly is not bored when we talk to Him. When we pray, God is always there, always listening, and always receiving.
Prayer is a place where all 3 persons of The Trinity are at work. When we pray, we are talking to the Father, through Jesus (because of the connection He made possible for us), and the Holy Spirit is empowering us in and through prayer.
Two common questions people ask when it comes to prayer are:
- How do I pray?
- Why do I need to pray to God when He knows everything?
In today's episode, Candace and Tara-Leigh dig into those two questions, and more. If you don't know how to pray or feel like you aren't good at praying, or you feel like you don't understand why prayer matters - take a breath and rest easy. Let's go on this journey together!
In this episode, you will hear Candace and Tara-Leigh discuss:
- Prayer as a conversation with the Trinity and how that perspective of prayer will challenge the way we pray.
- How prayer can be taught or developed; it is a skill Jesus taught His disciples and can teach us too.
- What "in Jesus name, Amen" actually means and the power it carries when we pray.
- Moments in their lives where they have seen their prayers answered (in ways they desired and in ways they did not expect).
- Tips for listening and meditating in silence with God; it may be difficult but it is powerful.
Scripture Memory of the Season:
1 John 5:1-5 (CSB) Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father also loves the one born of him. This is how we know that we love God's children; when we love God and obey His commands. For this is what love for God is: to keep His commands. And His commands are not a burden, because everyone who has been born of God conquers the world. This is the victory that has conquered the world: our faith. Who is the one who conquers the world, but the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
For all things mentioned in this episode head over to https://ccbpodcast.com/episodes/season-1/013
You'll find a link for "He's Where The Joy" Is by Tara-Leigh Cobble
, and at Candace.com
can submit questions to Candace and Tara-Leigh to be answered in a special private livestream event in February 2023.
Thank you to this season's sponsors:
Great American Family https://www.greatamericanfamily.com/